We eat SO much chicken in our house. It’s versatile. It’s a lean, healthy protein. The night that we eat something other than a chicken-based dish is a bit unusual. But, that’s okay! We love it.
One of our favorite dishes is a breaded chicken. Over the past year or two we’ve really been focusing on healthier eating habits, so we took this recipe and “healthified” it, reducing the carbs, etc.
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup almond meal/flour
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Dash salt
- Combine almond meal, cheese, and seasonings in a shallow bowl.
- Coat chicken in mayonnaise and toss in meal mixture.
- Place breaded chicken in a greased casserole dish and bake at 350* for 45 minutes or until meat is thoroughly cooked.