I always know when I score on a new meal idea, because my husband will let me know that it should be added to our regular meal rotation. It doesn’t happen a lot, but one of my goals for the year has been to add one new recipe per month to our rotating menu. Imagine my surprise when our very first recipe of the year came out of a cleanse!
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I found a delicious, good-for-you, cleanse approved meal that has made the regular menu in our house at the request of the hubby. Considering my drive for finding new recipes is to find truly delicious, wholesome, clean meals, I am delighted! It’s fast, it’s easy, and it’s GOOD.
- Ground turkey
- Mexican seasonings of your choice
- Romaine lettuce
- Red onion
- Picante sauce
- Brown turkey in a pan (don't use oil; use water as needed but the turkey should provide enough juices to cook itself).
- Dice tomato and avocado.
- Slice onion.
- Drain turkey.
- Scramble eggs in the pan from the turkey (you should not have to use oil; the remaining juices, however little, from the turkey should be sufficient to provide the eggs with enough grease to cook).
- Blend picante sauce as desired, or whip up a homemade batch.
- Serve in lettuce leaves as desired to make your own healthy taco wraps!