Today I want to share with you a simple recipe for an amazing body butter. It takes only a few minutes to whip together and makes a good amount. It’s easy to make a few different scents or split into couple containers to share with friends.
There are several oils you can add to this butter to create a really luxurious mixture. Consider Lavender for something soothing, Stress Away to help you through the day, or Joy to create a light, naturally-based and perfumed moisturizer. Let your nose and your conscious guide you. 😉
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 shea butter
- 1/4 jojoba oil
- 2 tablespoons beeswax
- 1/2-1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 20-30 drops Young Living Essential Oils of choice
- Melt coconut oil, shea butter, and beeswax over low heat.
- Remove from heat and gently stir in jojoba oil and vitamin E oil.
- Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl and refrigerate an hour or two until white and slightly stiff.
- Remove from fridge and add 20-30 drops of Young Living Essential Oil to mixture.
- Beat with hand or stand mixer for about 10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container or split into several smaller jars and give as gifts.