Today I am sharing one of my all-time favorite recipes. This is an absolutely yum-dum meal that is perfect for a family picnic. I first had the recipe many, many years ago, when I was just a child. Originally from Taste of Home, this was not only my birthday meal request as a child but is a big hit in my home now, with my husband and our friends.
I have used this recipe time and time again. Because of way the muffins are formed, it really is a great meal to take on the go or to those who are recovering from surgery or families who have just welcomed a baby. It is adult and child-pleasing, and the uniqueness of the meal makes it a real treat from time to time.
It’s fast, it’s easy, and it is incredibly delicious. It’s an all-American meal, and it has a BBQ flavor. What more could you ask for? Without further ado, here is my slightly adapted version of this yummy meal.
- 10-12 (10-12 oz.) buttermilk biscuits
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup (4 oz.) cheddar cheese
- Separate dough into 10-12 biscuits and flatten.
- Press each biscuit into the shape of a muffin along the sides of a regularly sized muffin cup/in a muffin pan.
- Brown ground beef and drain grease.
- Mix together brown sugar, vinegar, and chili powder and stir until smooth.
- Add the sauce mixture to the beef and mix well.
- Divide the meat among the biscuit-line muffin cups.
- Sprinkle enough cheese on top of each muffin to cover adequately.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- I recommend placing the muffin pan on top of a cookie sheet before placing in the oven to prevent splattering on the bottom of your oven.