I’m getting ready to make a big mess of enchiladas this weekend. Along with the main dish, we’ll have all of the trimmings: rice, beans, salsa… This is Texas, y’all! You’ll also find a bowl of freshly prepared guacamole- only the best guacamole ever. (I can brag about it, because it’s a recipe that’s adapted from a friend of mine.)
So, grab a bowl, a few spices, a nice pile of avocados (Aldi is my favorite place to buy them affordably!), my secret ingredient, and enjoy this special treat!
- 2 Avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Dash of cayenne
- Salt to taste (I like to grind Himalayan salt)
- 2-4 drops lime essential oil
- Cut avocados and remove seed.
- Using a spoon, scoop flesh into a medium bowl.
- Mash until desired consistency is reached (some people like their guacamole chunky - others like it pretty smooth).
- Add various seasonings and essential oil and mix well.
- Serve right away or store for a short while in the fridge (add the seed to the mixture if storing to help keep it fresh).
- When using Essential Oils in recipes, it is imperative you use a pure Essential Oil. Many Essential Oils on the market are not 100% pure, meaning it can be dangerous to eat them. Do your research and be sure your oils are certified as GRAS (Generally Regarded As Safe) by the FDA. We recommend using Young Living Essential Oils- visit our Wellness page to order.